Though C.Ronaldo MAY look unbeatable right now but there is or may be even are, downsides with his style of play. So cutting all the crap in trying to compare him to L.Messi lets have a look shall we at C.Ronaldo. Basically Ronaldo has (or can have):PRO
- Tremendous pace. Some people call C.Ronaldo a “speed demon” and I am one of those people.
- Can craft things out of nothing against teams that don’t come with a specific plan on how to tackle him, which is usually the case in EPL.
- Is very very fit, which means he can run all day long. This quality in particular comes in handy when his side receives a red card or something. He can take that extra load on himself.
- Can Shoot with both feet, though his left foot strike is nothing more than a swinger. Doesn’t really try to control the ball, just whacks it towards the goal.
- Can take ridiculous free kicks. Which curve, bend, accelerate at the same time and change directions multiple times.
- Has got individual skill which enables him to go past defenders at ease by two methods. Either he dribbles past them with skill or he just goes for route one and runs them out of competition.
- Can head the ball really well for someone who has so much skill in his boots.
- Has got every trick in the book and some more that aren’t in the book.
- Entertaining to the fans, most people pay just to watch him train very unlike players like Gattuso or Giggs for that matter.
- Has a good footballing brain, though not the best. Sometimes makes awful decisions.
- Nippy feet enable him to maneuver the ball in very tight spaces.
- His name is Ronaldo. When a defender reads that name on the back of C.Ronaldo’s shirt, he usually starts trembling and that is the reason most defenders perform poorly against C.Ronaldo because of the sheer presence of his name not even himself which is a huge plus.
- For the past 3 seasons, he has been in astonishing scoring form. The numbers are astounding 23 in 53 games in 2006-2007 and 42 in 49 games in 2007-2008. These numbers are scary even for a striker and C.Ronaldo is just a winger. Though, he is not a pure winger, he is more of a winger striker.
- Take speed out of his game and you have a garbage bag that is C.Ronaldo.
- He has a huge attitude.
- Show boats alot.
- Over does his dribbles.
- Doesn’t like to pass, he does pass it now that he knows Ferguson would not tolerate otherwise.
- His crosses aren’t the best in the world.
- Not really traditional winger.
- Is, by no means, a big match player.
- Doesn’t handle pressure very well.
- Can’t live up with tight marking.
- Plays for Fame and Glory rather than for passion and for country (Or club).
- Loyalty is something Ronaldo hasn’t come across in his life YET, or at least it looks so. As he just wanted to jump out of Manchester United when Real Madrid came searching for him with their millions.
Don’t get me wrong but this is my CANDID opinion about him. But now, he has been in awesome scoring form. I mean, come on, 40 goals a season. I don’t care how much a player sucks. If that player can score 40 goals, in any league, let alone EPL, that is enough for him to be playing at Real Madrid.